RE: 9i physical standby startup

  • From: <Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>, <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:28:03 -0400

My apologies, I was thinking only in the context of the question (which
seemed to be concerned about accidentally messing up the standby through
issuing a startup command).

I'd guess SE would support a graceful failover using the pre-Dataguard
method of copying the logfiles and recreating the controlfile from a
backup to trace.  But I don't have an installation to test that either.

Thanks,

Jay Miller

Sr. Oracle DBA

x68355