Re: 9i OEM agent fails to start on windows

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:18:11 +0000

It was for similar reasons that I refer to the software as the
semi-intelligent agent.

We have found that, whilst in general I want to be notified on
exceptions (backup failed, some test failed etc) it is a very good
idea to have a daily mail that always reaches you - that way when it
doesn't you stand a good chance of noticing that your monitoring
solution isn't monitoring.

The same can of course also be achieved by having a system chock full
of repeating problems. This may involve purchasing third COTS
packages.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA