9i DataGuard, RAC primary - secondary offline for network maintenance

  • From: Tony Sequeira <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:09:53 +0000

Hi all,

I have a 2 node 9i RAC primary (Win 2003), 9.2.0.6 mandated by the application.

Have a physical standby 9.2.0.7.

All appears to be going well, teething problems over (touch wood).

The primary is running in maximum performance mode.

The secondary server is due to go down for about 24 hours for absolutely vital electrical maintenance work.

I believe that this will be OK, and that the secondary will catch up when brought online again.

Any think or know different? I'm trying to plan for any glitches now, the primary database is a vital 24/7 system.

I am aware of Note:259804.1 - particularly the section 'Real Application Clusters and Data Guard Redo Apply During a Network Outage'.

Many thanks.
--

Tony Sequeira