9207 in prod

  • From: caseydyke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:52:49 +1000

Folks,

Just trying to get a feel for community comfort w/9207 in prod.  We're looking
to get off 9204 and now have approval to proceed through the dev/uat/svt and
prod envs.  I say 9207 as our initial push occurred prior to the recent (Aug
24th) release of 9208 for our port (Solaris 64bit).  The databases house OLTP
and DW type apps in the multi-TB range.  Note we're tied to 9iR2 due to vendor
support.

We're still early enough in the game to choose 9208 - but 9207 should likewise
be sufficient.  We've got anecdotal evidence of "issues" w/9207, but nothing
really concrete.  Hence, I would like to see what the broader community thinks.
 Good, bad, indifferent ... ??

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Casey
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l