9.2.0.5 database only tracing client session from 8i clients

  • From: "Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ)" <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:21:30 -0400

I have noticed that on a new 9.2.0.5 HP-UX database, that after enabling:
alter system set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12';

(It is a new system not yet live ... )

That client sessions from 8i will produce a trace file.
That client sessions from 9i will not produce a trace file.
That a Unix session from the same server will produce a trace file.

Any ideas as to why and what I can do?  I did not see this issue on MetaLink.

Thanks all.

>    John Fedock
   "K" Line Americ
    www.kline.com

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not
an intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately
without forwarding to others.