Re: 9.2 V$ views

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:09:32 +0300

<snip>
> from
>   v$_lock l
>   ,x$ksuse s
>   ,x$ksqrs r
> where l.saddr=s.addr
>  and  l.raddr=r.addr
> ;

And when you go RAC, your queries from v$lock will start returning extra
rows for each instance, because there is no inst_id restriction in the view.

Generally I'd advise against changing any of v$ views or public synonyms on
them, instead I'd try to find another solution first (like even analyzing DD
in 9.2, etc.).

One solution to get your own custom v$ views is to make a v$lock view or
synonym to your own schema. Local schema objects take preference over public
synonyms when referenced in SQL, that way you don't change any of the SYS
objects, which is mostly unsupported anyway.

Tanel.