RE: 8i-10g upgrade

  • From: "Bort, Guillermo" <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:02:53 -0600

Actually, it takes quite some time. Plus, because of space limitations,
we need to drop the old tablespaces, and that takes ages, since they are
dictionary managed. I'd like to have the database for myself for just 10
days... but CT is not willing to have that much downtime...

Guillermo Alan Bort

DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company

ITO

Arias 1851

Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires (C1429DXC)

Argentina

Tel: +54 11 4704-3132

E-mail: guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx <mailto:name.name@xxxxxxx>

We deliver on our commitments