RE: 8i-10g upgrade

  • From: "Hand, Michael T" <HANDM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:27:30 -0500

To second Jared,
Moving segments from standard DMT tablespaces to dedicated LMT's is
straight forward.  The BR utilities use the DBMS_* procedures, and make
the changes to underlying data classes to keep SAP happy.  If you want
to skip the BR tools, tx SE12 allows you to change the technical
setting.

While our SAP DB is about 1/3rd your size,  I've been moving tables out
of BTABD, STABD and others over the years.  We have about a 40/60 ratio
of LMT to DMT and at this point I can't justify further moves.

regards,
Mike Hand