RE: 8i to 9i and LMT

  • From: "Lim, Binley" <Binley.Lim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:02:09 +1300

I came across a problem where an LMT upgraded from
8i to 9.2.0.3 became corrupted when a shutdown abort
was performed when there still was update activities
on the tablespace.

The symptom was ORA-600s when querying the data
dictionary on that tablespace - the tables themselves
did not give any problems. None of the fix-it dbms
packages were of any good - they errored out when
trying to executed them. Since the tables themselves
could be moved without any problems - the solution
was to simply rebuild the tablespace.

I suspect it has something to do with the tablespace
starting life as DMT in 8.0, migrated to LMT using the
supplied packages in 8i, and subsequently upgraded
to 9i, as testing on 9i brand-new LMTs did not give
any problems. This was off-course a dispensable
tablespace - I wasn't brave enough to subject the
 others to this migration process.

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
retain it.
If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email
and delete the emails.
Thank you.