Re: 8i on windows 2000 installation (legacy app)

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:35:45 +0800

If you are using Windows Terminal Server (Remote Desktop) see Note 77627.1,
the section titled "Unsupported 8.1.7 Oracle Products under Windows 2000 Terminal Services"

You must run dbca from the Console.

Hemant

At 11:01 PM Thursday, Stephens, Chris wrote:
I have been asked to port an 8i database from solaris to windows 2000. When trying to install the software and seed database, the install hangs on the net configuration assistant piece. ....and when I say hang i mean it just sits there (overnight!).

I found a bug on metalink with the installer on p4 machines. this is a p3 but i downloaded the new installer and followed the instructions on installing the software but still have the problem. If i cancel the installation and launch dbca to create the database, every time time it fails with 'ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error'.

any clue what could be happening?

gee i wish i wasn't stuck supporting unsupported software,
chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital