RE: 8i Standby Media Corrupt Blocks

  • From: JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:02:13 -0500

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark.  I finally tried to use LogMiner, since
my database trigger (trapping various DDL) has not uncovererd a NOLOGGING
statement.

However, our Production Student Info. System database has 65,000 tables
and about 90,000 indexes - as I said, it's a 3rd Party COTS app, not what
we would design.  It took almost an hour to build the LogMiner Dictionary
file, which is 280MB.  When I try to add even the smallest archived redo
log and start a LogMiner session, it fails with ORA-04030, not enough
process memory.  It must be that huge Dictionary file.

I know I can use LogMiner without the Dictionary, but how would I query
v$LogMnr_Contents?

Only "regular" tables and indexes are in the tablespace in question.

Our online and archived redo logs are on direct-attached SAN, not NFS.
Many, if not most, of the archived redo logs transfer and are "digested"
by the Standby just fine.

Any suggestions?   Anyone?

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin (Texas) Independent School District
512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)

   May have come a long way, but we got a long way to go.
                                    -- B.W. Stevenson