RE: 8174 32 bit to 9204 64 big

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:12:06 -0600

Branimir
   I did not tie it to a specific error. When I found I could not export I
started looking up the error messages I was receiving and found some notes
related to export. At that point I got really interested in upgrading. Once
I did that, the problems went away except for one test database that nobody
is using. I'm assuming that nobody is still on the unpatched version. Here
are the error messages it still throws on export (after patch, I was
receiving a different message before the patch):

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 4068 encountered
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04067: not executed, package body "SYS.DBMS_METADATA" does not exist

Fortunately nobody uses it, and I will probably refresh it by cloning
production soon. I tried poking around on Metalink, but it seems to have
taken the weekend off.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.