RE: 64-bit -> 32-bit

  • From: "Best, David" <David.Best@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:19:49 -0500

Hey Chris,

Note:62290.1 on Metalink has all of the steps you need to follow...

But the basic steps are:

1. Backup your current environment software and database.
2. Install the 32bit software.
3. copy over your parameter, password files, etc to the new Oracle home.
4. Point your environment to the new Oracle Home
5. Startup migrate and rebuild the dictionary:  catalog, cataproc and
utlirp

I believe thats it but make sure you read that metalink note.