RE: 3rd Party Database health check

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:35:39 -0500

I've looked at Patrol, TeamQuest, Tivoli, and a pile of others.  Many =
have some rather strange things that they watch & alert on (like BCHR) =
while at the same time missing what I think are more important items =
like processes, sessions, and archive redo space.  Guess that's why the =
program I wrote many moons ago is still alive & well here.  One good =
thing about rolling your own, you own the source code.  Don't like what =
it's watching or where the alert points are, change them.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA