Re: 32K block size tablespace for indexes

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:35:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Niall

Thanks for the reply after going through the thread its sounds like the
pereceived benfit by moving to a large block size must be thoroughly tested its
no gaurantee that performance will improve.

I was wundering why did oracle come out with multiple block size feature
considering that in my whole carrer as a DBA i have used large block size only
for BLOB column storage and nothing else.

Is exadata the reason for large blocksize ?

regards
Hrishy