RE: 32 to 64 and version upgrade

  • From: "DOBSON L." <lisa.dobson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:23:27 -0000

I'd also suggest taking a look at Metalink note 316889.1 'Complete
Checklist for manual upgrades to 10gR2'. I went from 10gR2 32-bit to
64-bit then to 11gR1 and found it helpful.

It also has details about the script to run to check for deprecated
parameters.

It was a pretty painless exercise - but watch out for Unpublished BUG
5079213 - ORA-06544 [56319] DURING UPGRADE FROM 10.1.0.5 32BIT TO
10.2.0.2 64BIT

I hit it going from 10.2 32-bit to 10.2 64-bit. There's an easy fix for
it so it's not so bad.

Good Luck!

Lisa.