RE: 2GB or not 2GB (datafile limit)? That is the question.

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wbfergus@xxxxxxxx>, <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:43:09 -0400

I also do not think there is a limit any longer.  The only self-imposed
limit I consider is file and space management.  If your mount point is,
say, 80G, then creating files to fit is my only consideration.  I would
consider multiple 10G files rather than an 80Gig file just so that I can
manage the files across files systems a little easier.  Easier to move
them around if I need to.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.