2.1AS to 3.0AS

  • From: "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:15:00 -0600

We are experiencing I/O problems (the server slows to a crawl) with
Redhat 2.1AS anytime there is a lot of I/O going on.  This is on an 8
processor box.
If we upgrade to Redhat 3.0AS would we have to do anything with Oracle,
like relink or anything?
=20
Is anyone else experiencing a slowdown on 8 way boxes?
=20
Thanks!
Ron

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, =
distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received =
this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.