2 standbys using dependency=

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:10:08 +0000

Oracle 11G RH LINUX

I have logged an SR but so far nothing!( 20 hours)

I have a primary and standby db Not using Dataguard Broker.

I want to have two standbys on the standby box but I don't want to ship two
copies of archived logs

So I tried using  log_archive_dest_3=dependency=log_achive_dest_2

The Primary stops archiving and stalls when the 3rd and last online redo log
is full.

The Dread message All logs need archiving appear in the alert log.

The Database seems to start writing all three archived logs and hangs while
it does it.
If I shutdown the Standbys the Database appears to  free up.

This is a Production DB so I cant play around very much with Parms and am
thinking of manually maintaining the second Standby.

Any suggestions Folks?

LGR Processes =10

--
Howard A. Latham