Re: 12c grid control

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 22:05:54 +1000

On 29/06/2013 8:42 AM, John Hurley wrote:
> Probably missing some basic understanding here and never worked anywhere
> ***yet*** that used grid control but wouldn't one upgrade ( or at least
> recommend consider upgrading ) the database instances that grid control is
> monitoring/managing to a new release before moving the grid control up to the
> new release?

In the last presentation on Grid Control that Pete Sharman did over
here, it was mentioned GC12c handles Oracle db 11gr2 and most other
earlier releases of the db without any problems - abstracting of course
someone still running V4...

But of course it doesn't understand - yet - db 12c and the PDBs. Won't
take long now before we all get told to recommend it, though.

Although it won't be until 2015 before I touch db12c for anything near
production...
Mostly because I have to live with the direct consequences of whatever I
recommend, rather than walking away at the end of the contract.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto