Re: 12c Grid with 11g RDBMS

  • From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "justin@xxxxxxx" <justin@xxxxxxx>, "debra.scarpelli@xxxxxxx" <debra.scarpelli@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 15:43:59 -0800 (PST)

Patching environments that use 11g grid infrastructure or 12+ will always be
complicated.
To have the bare minimum of a viable approach you need on "the same hardware":
1) dba test server
2) some kind of test server
3) production servers that match #1 and #2
Start with looking at and evaluating patches on 1 before coming up with plan to
migrate into 2 and 3.  Backups all along the way of course.