Re: 12c GI install issue

  • From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:42:33 -0600

Ed,

You are quite right that the Oracle Inventory group can be whatever you
want it to be. I've seen many installations that use DBA over OINSTALL. The
only caveat is that all of the binary owners that use that inventory need
to have the inventory group as their primary group.

Make sure that /etc/oraInst.loc lists dba and not oinstall for the
inst_group.

Seth Miller