Re: 12.1.0.2 EE rman backup default location

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 13:12:45 -0400

On 04/15/2017 11:32 PM, Orion ten wrote:

Hello All,

We are having 12.1.0.2 EE running on rhel 7.2.
We have configured daily Rman compressed backups in a particular mount point as per below script. No channel is configured to take on particular location.

backup as compressed backupset full database tag FULL format '/oracle_backups/backup/rman/full/db01_LVL0_%T_%U_FULL' database includ
e current controlfile;

We observed that if the mount point is unable to sustain the backup piece for space constraints, it creates the backup piece in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs or FRA location as observed for other databases.

But no such setting was configured or could be seen in v$rman_configuration.

Couldn't get any such info in oracle support or 12c documentation.
It might be new feature, as rman is proactively changing mount point as per mount point space free and required for backup piece.

Any links to documentation or such configuration info would be helpful.
Thanks..

Regards,
Orion

Have you tried with configure channel? It is well documented and there are numerous examples on the internet.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA