Re: 11gr2 Clusterware config (or: does anyone know what an endpoint is?)

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 23:30:16 +0700

To Andrew,

> The nslookup showed only 2 ip addresses, not the required 3.
nslookup -> that depends on your DNS server

what do you see in?
$ srvctl config scan

Oracle suggests 3 IPs, so you can have 2 IPs for SCAN.

>Has anyone used the srvctl add scan_listener command
nope, I added IP SCAN and scan listener by using "crsctl"

Example:
# crsctl status res  ora.LISTENER_SCAN1.lsnr -p

and then check attribute for using with SCAN2 Listener
and use
> crsctl add resource

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/rac.112/e16794/crsref.htm#CHDIHGHE

Good Luck