11gr2 Clusterware config (or: does anyone know what an endpoint is?)

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:17:05 -0600

So, I recently took ownership of an 11gR2 cluster.  One of the first things
I noticed is that the SCAN was not set up correctly.  The nslookup showed
only 2 ip addresses, not the required 3.  I am not sure how they managed to
install it this way, but I am trying to fix it.  I had the network guys add
the 3rd ip to the scan round robin, then ran (after stopping scan and scan
listener):

srvctl modify scan -n <scan-name>

Well, we had connection (connect failures on every third attempt) problems
and oracle said I had to add a scan listener, and gave me the syntax for
adding a scan listener (ie, they copied it out of the doc). (see below).
So, now I have given oracle the output of my srvctl config scan command
asked for an example of what the command should look like with my given
information.  And no answer yet. So I suspect that oracle support doesnt
know exactly how to do this either.  Has anyone used the srvctl add
scan_listener command, or know how to do it?

srvctl add scan_listener [-l <lsnr_name_prefix>] [-s] [-p
[TCP:]<port>[/IPC:<key>][/NMP:<pipe_name>][/TCPS:<s_port>] [/SDP:<port>]]
-l <lsnr_prefix> SCAN listener name prefix
-s Skip the checking of ports
-p [TCP:]<port>[/IPC:<key>][/NMP:<pipe_name>][/TCPS:<s_port>] [/SDP:<port>]
SCAN Listener endpoints
-h Print usage

--
Andrew W. Kerber