Re: 11gR2 Data Pump question - parallel setting

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:47:10 -0400

I am sure they will catch up on these suggestions, eventually.

Case in point, back in 2003, I wanted the ability to have dbms_stats
spawn parallel threads to collect stats to minimize collection time,
there wasn't any. So, I ended up writing my own plsql and jobs based
solution (ref: http://www.orafaq.com/maillist/oracle-l/2003/03/06/0415.htm).
Now that functionality is available in recent versions
(https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/gathering_optimizer_statistics_is_one),
although I have not yet tested it.

In my previous job, we ran into exact problem that Jon had, so a
combination of (include= and sqlfile=) options for impdp followed by a
bit of sed magic helped in speeding up the process. Alas the previous
job wouldn't let me take out a single script (even generic one) with
me. And I am pretty sure those are still in my home directory on unix
:)

Raj