Re: 11g password complexity

  • From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:23:39 -0700

In the past I've had to modify passwords or scripts due to issues
encountered with punctuation in the passwords. But that just means that we
don't use those particular characters any more - not that we got rid of the
punctuation requirement altogether.
I suppose this is where my curiosity comes from - I would ~think~ that if
this were the reason for the change, that Oracle would simply reduce the
characters available in the script's array to the innocuous ones as opposed
to eliminating the requirement entirely. Perhaps I'm missing something
though?.