Re: 11g in production

  • From: "Toon Koppelaars" <toon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:26:32 +0200

Chris,

I've been involved in a project that went live last weekend with 11G
(standard edition) on OEL5, on Dell hardware and Compellent SAN.
- 500Gbyte database, around a hundred users. Mostly query only, with daily
batch data loading.
- database centric application: lots of stored procedures et al.
Migrated this application from 9i straight up to 11G.
We tested the application for around 8 weeks. Found no major issues in the
PL/SQL area. Of course a couple of SQL-statements that required additional
hinting, rewriting or otherwise to perform well again.
Had to apply one patch that involved not releasing allocated hugepages when
doing a shutdown abort.

Toon

--
Toon Koppelaars