Re: 11g R2 Feedback?

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

Considering the features my company uses, there is no way I could get away with
a SE install anyway...:)

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

Date: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 11:06 AM

I must admit I've heard similar - and didn't believe a word of it - or rather
that it would stand up. You can't, IMO,  publish a list of things that you can
license in SE and then say that people that use only them are not correctly
licensed. Especially if you publish security advice that tells people
(correctly) not to install features they don't use.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Niall,

During some licensing training I got from oracle, it was stated that the custom
install is always an enterprise install. Even if you don't select any of the
enterprise options.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime