Re: 11g Grid agent

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 07:59:40 +0100

Hi

The agent versions go with the OMS version, not with the versions of the
targets. In general you want your agents to match the OMS. There is a
metalink note that gives a compatibility matrix for various combinations of
OMS Agent and monitored target. I don't have the number but a search for
Grid Control certification checker should find it. I don't know if its
possible to use an 11g agent with a 10g OMS - I doubt it but the note will
tell you and confirm the minimum Grid version required for 11g targets -
10.2.0.3 from memory.

On 10 Aug 2010 19:21, "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Should the 11.1.0.1 Grid Control agent come automatically with the 11.1.0.7
database software?    I have an AIX target box with some 10g and 11g
databases and I want to use 11.1.0.1 GC agent to configure with a 10G GC
server on another box to monitor all of them.   If the 11.1.0.1 agent
doesn't come with the 11.1.0.7 database software, what is the best way to
download it?   Do you have to acquire the entire 11g Grid Control software
or can just the agent software itself be downloaded off of Metalink from the
downloads patches section?  Not sure how to find just the agent 11.1.0.1
software for AIX.

Thanks.