Re: 11.2.0.3: Re-install grid and in-place upgrade of DB

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:29:19 +0200

Yong,
see
Note:337737.1<https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=BULLETIN&id=337737.1>
 :
The Oracle Grid Infrastructure/Clusterware (CRS) version must be the highest
version down to the 4th digit in the possible combinations at all times.
This means you have to upgrade Grid Infrastructure/Clusterware first.
That's the best I found - at least you follow this rule.

If you deinstall/reinstall the full GI stack and reinstall it afterwards,
you will be able to use all the ASM disks - nothing to change there. Just
the creation of cluster resources for DBs/Instances is needed.

I'd install in a new OH and do a rolling upgrade. Even not done to 11.2.0.3
I've done it several times up to 11.2.0.2.

hth
 Martin