Re: 11.2.0.3 Change domain name for 2 node RAC cluster.

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 22:45:37 -0400

Oh boy, that's a nightmare. Personally, I would try cheating: just add new names to DNS and let both the new and the old names be resolved. That way, your scan listener would remain functional and everything would stay the same.

On 3/23/21 4:04 PM, Douglas Dunyan wrote:

Greets All !
  So I have a 2-node RAC cluster running 11.2.0.3.  The veep has issued a directive to change the 'domain name' of the network domain, to reflect the new company branding.
  I understand the typical procedure is to remove node 2, deconfigure node 1.  Update system(s) with new domain name, reconfigure node 1, then re-add node 2.
  Just wondering if there is a way to do this with less impact, a silver bullet as it were.
   I am preferring something with a cleaner rollback in case of issues, as I must implement it in production and there are no non-production environments available to test.
   I'm also wondering if it's even necessary.  Couldn't my team just add an alias for the new domain name (ie stand up a new dns server with the same ip's ?)

  I look forward to hearing thoughtful feedback.

  TIA

DougD

--
Mladen Gogala