Re: 11.2.0.1 memory config/AMM

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:54:51 -0400

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 02:02:10PM +0100, Peter Hitchman wrote:
> So does the database start? Do you have a tmpfs file system set-up
> e.g. /dev/shm for the AMM to use?

I just posted more observations in another email.  Yeah, it starts.
It just fell over when AMM was in full play and I set the sga to
65% or real.

I really just started doing this as if it was bare metal knowing that
memory mgmt must be different, but I couldn't find good docs to lead
the way.  Know of any Ora VM/11g tuning docs?

It is kinda cool to test in a minimal config like this.  Maybe I
ought to  ask for 2G total ram. :)