10gR2, problem about Resource role

  • From: "?? ?" <jerrysun1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:08:42 +0000

hi guys, i am confused by "Resource" role, follow my operations

SQL> select * from v$version ;

BANNER
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Prod
PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
CORE    10.2.0.1.0      Production
TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> create user test identified by test ;

User created.

SQL> grant connect to test ;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> select * from dba_role_privs where grantee='TEST' ;

GRANTEE                        GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --- ---
TEST                           CONNECT                        NO  YES

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee='TEST';

no rows selected

SQL> grant resource to test ;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> select * from dba_role_privs where grantee='TEST' ;

GRANTEE                        GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF
TEST                           RESOURCE                       NO  YES
TEST                           CONNECT                        NO  YES

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee='TEST';

GRANTEE                        PRIVILEGE                                ADM
TEST                           UNLIMITED TABLESPACE                     NO

problem comes out, why and when the "UNLIMITED TABLESPACE" privilege was granted to user "TEST", i am sure that the "UNLIMITED TABLESPACE" here derive from "RESOURCE" role, anybody has any idea about this phenomena? is this a oracle bug ?

thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english