Re: 10gR2 for solaris (64bit), AIX and HP released

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Fabrizio.Magni@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:28:25 -0400

On 8/30/05, Magni Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Magni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So, if you think of switching to Oracle 10g, consider how
> > long before it becomes really usable.
> >

> Actually I find 10g less buggy than 9i.
>
> I'm not willing to wait the next bad patchset so I'm planning to upgrade
> to 10g as many DB as possible.
>
> Fabrizio

Fabrizio,

Plan on identifying issues in your test upgrades in your test environment,
opening iTARs as necessary and waiting for fixes. We've hit 4 different
errors upgrading from 9.2. to 10.1 - some had workarounds, some didn't. Your
schedule should be appropriately unaggressive.

I'm not saying that 10.1.0.4 <http://10.1.0.4> is buggy.
I'm saying that upgrading from 9.2.0.5.x or 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> to
10.1.0.4 <http://10.1.0.4> is less than perfect.
(lets just say that its not a state function - its path dependent and there
be dragons along that path).

exp/imp into a clean db if you can.

Paul

--