Re: 10gR2 Upgrade .. Watch out

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:53:59 -0800

In 9iRel2 (irrespective of what the manual used to say) the order by was
taking place.. if the manual says it does not guarantee,  it should not
then sort it every time and produce the result .. yes i agree that
unless "order by" is mentioned it should not sort .. but the 9iRel2
optimizer was doing it (so too 10.1.0) .. this was not happening with
10.2.0 ..

 Remember one thing .. if the manual says the same for 9.2 and 10.2 as
 you had mentioned . the default behaviour should not change across
 upgrades .. correct ..  BUT that is not the case..
Hope this clarifies..