10gR2 Upgrade .. Watch out

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:00:49 -0800

 In an earlier posting , Juan Carlos had mentioned about having problem with
"union all"; We encountered the following after upgrading to 10gR2. Thought i
will share this with the list.
1. Group by was not doing the sort in the default order where as 9.2.0.6 / 9i
Rel2 was doing so
2. Same problem with SELECT DISTINCT / SELECT UNIQUE
3. And Recently
SELECT name, SUM(basic) total FROM TEST WHERE basic=20  GROUP BY name ORDER BY
2 DESC did not work;
If you use  SELECT name, SUM(basic) total FROM TEST WHERE basic BETWEEN 20 AND
20 GROUP BY name ORDER BY 2 DESC then it works!!!
Patch number is 5415881.
Please double confirm with your db release by writing simple SQL queries prior
to proceeding. Some of our reports / queries were producing "different" results
after move to 10gRel2. Also check your UNION/UNIONALL queries.
HTH
GovindanK
Certified DBA
Learning Stops at ... Infinity