Re: 10g upgrade survey

  • From: "Sinardy Xing" <oracle.rdbms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:29:21 +0800

consider to mix more than 1 method

can try no logging create objects as @dblink
plus no logging exp/imp
look at new pump features
consider resize file first before move tablespace...

On 3/23/07, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,

could anyone have experience export/import about 250GB data? on SAN
how long it takes. or is it better by dbua & cross platform
transportable tablespace?

I will migrate oracle from win2k 64 bit oracle 9i non RAC to Linux 64
bit Oracle 10g RAC.

thanks for the reply

--
regards
ujang

On 3/21/07, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I agree.  Would also point out some bugs that have been reported on
> this forum.  One was manual upgrades through 10.2.0.3 with datafiles
created
> back in eight.   However, if you ask me, and you have the down
time.  Moving
> things directly into Locally managed tablespaces now and getting it
overwith
> is worth it.

regards,

Sinardy