10g tts and asm

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:38:50 -0500

Server A ? Oracle 10g ASM noarchivelog

Server B ? Oracle 10g ASM noarchivelog

I?m looking at using transportable tablespace (tts) between server a and
server b. Both are using asm. Looking over the docs, it looks like I can use
rman, ftp using the virtual folder /sys/asm or dbms_file_transfer. I?m
thinking that my biggest hassle here is plugging the datafiles back into asm
on server b.

Here?s what I think the options are

1.      RMAN ? need to do recovery in order to plug into asm, not sure if
recovery needed for just a copy from asm to the file system
2.      ftp via /sys/asm ? not sure but I think I should be able to copy
from /sys/asm on server a to /sys/asm on server b
3.      dbms_file_transfer ? should be able to copy from asm on server a to
file system on server b. would need recovery (rman) if plugging into asm

I?ve looked in the docs and online and don?t see any pure asm examples. I
also don?t have an asm dev system that I can play with.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike