10g rac backup

  • From: "Steiner, Randy" <RASTEIN@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:40:22 -0400

I am setting up backup for a 10g RAC with 4 blades using rman.
I want to send the backup set to disk first and then have the sa guys
come in later to move the backup set to tape.

This way, I can bring down the db when no one is one it and they sa guys
can move me to tape when they have the time.

To send the backup set to tape, the docs advise to create a Flash
Recovery Area with ASM.  Here now is my issue:  since the backup set is
on ASM, no backup software can see it.  If I skip the Flash Recover
Area, does the backup run only on 1 blade?