Re: 10g grid

  • From: "LiShan Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:18:11 +0100

My point is, how do you setup a Grid with Oracle RDBMS?

RAC is not GRID and GRID is not RAC that is true.
GRID is a concept, not invented by Oracle. So obviously RAC is not a GRID or
viceversa. However if we wanna deploy a GRID environment using Oracle RDBMS
we need RAC. In Oracle terms RAC is a Grid Technology.