10g clob

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:55:58 -0400

Hi list,

ORACLE 10.1.0.4
solaris 9
application : sunone fatwire

The following message is from our java developer who had problem with clob or varchar(2000), I would like to know if someone happen to know these kind of problem and give us a guide to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Joan

I ran 2 tests on the Development Box:

one with Content Server property set to Oracle VARCHAR(2000) and one with CS property set to Oracle CLOB. I can save an asset with small amount of text, but when I try to input a page worth of text, it throws me the same error in CS in either of the test cases. I have looked at the app server logs and they do not have anything recorded at all.

I have indicated the exact time CS return me an error so that it can help you to find the Oracle error message (if it is recorded).

Time: 10:52 CS datatype is set to Oracle VARCHAR(2000): cc.bigtext=VARCHAR(2000)

CS error message on fwdevweb01.tccs.tufts.edu (Dev Box):

Cannot save asset.

This attempt to save the DCA Image has failed.

Possible causes:
(1) Another DCA Image already exists with the same information in a
field that must be unique.
(2) The text you have entered in one or more fields in the form does not
fit in the corresponding database field.
(3) The text you have entered in a field does not match the format
required by the corresponding database field.

Please use the browser's Back button to return to the Edit form, make
the necessary changes, and retry this operation. If the problem
persists, please contact your system administrator.

Time: 11:10a.m.
CS datatype is set to Oracle CLOB: cc.bigtext=CLOB

same CS error message on fwdevweb01.tccs.tufts.edu (Dev Box):