10g client session getting disconnected

  • From: "full name" <full.name@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:37:56 -0500

10g server is in Chicago.
10g unix client and 10g windows client in New York.

If session is inactive for what seems to be a little over an hour, the
session is disconnected with no message to the user until another query is
run or I even try to exit. On the unix SQL*Plus client, the session hangs
and I get an ORA-12152 message after about 5 minutes. On Windows client,
session hangs and I get an ORA-3113 error after only about 1 minute.

One the server side there is no SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME set and every user is
using the default profile. The default profile has both IDLE_TIME and
CONNECT_TIME set to unlimited.

Is there anything else I can tell the DBAs to look at because they tell me
there is nothing else they can look for and don't know why sessions are
getting disconnected?

One last piece of info is that even on a client in Chicago, the session will
disconnect after said amount of time with an ORA-3113 error too.