RE: 10g and OEM same machine

  • From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: all_about_oracle@xxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:26:55 -0400

If you plan on using a 10g database for your OEM, you will need to
install your Enterprise Database Server software first.  Then you will
install the Enterprise Manager software.  You will need to use separate
Oracle Homes for each.  During the install of the Enterprise Manager
software, it will create a third ORACLE_HOME for the agent software.

I still haven't got the install to work using an existing 10G database
for the repository database.  If you choose to create a repository
database during the install of the Enterprise Manager software, it will
default to a 9i Release 1 database.

Hope this helps.

Sandra Arnold
Principal DBA