Re: 10g - Sqlnet and redundant oid servers

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:33:19 -0700

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Very cool!  Thanks Jared, I wasn’t aware of that.
>
> I meant to add that it also makes a great proxy.

For instance, I have a linux machine under my desk that has
access to some newly acquired systems in another part of
the country.

The machine that I use for DBA work does not have this access,
as it is on a different subnet.

On glamdring: (machine under my desk)  balance 1521 some_remote_server:1521

I then create tnsnames entries on the DBA server using glamdring as the
host.
Works like a charm.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com