Re: 10g RAC - Cluster Ready Services

  • From: Alexander Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:57:12 +0100

In general you are corect. However, certain platform implementations
might not follow this rule. At least, for HP-UX we are still uncertain
and waiting for a definitive statement form our Oracle support team.
Is there anyone got running CRS on HP-UX with no MCSG or other
clusterware? Not in producition but at least got something running?

If you use CRS without third party clusterware than you won't have any
cluster filesystem or volume manager so you will have to go for ASM.
You will not be able to setup other clustered services as well. Oracle
is going to support it but they still not sure if it's coming with
10gR2.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev