Re: 10g R1 dbConsole stopped working after database configured with Oracle Fail Safe

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: litanli@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:13:31 +0200

Hi

- check the logs in $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log

- also, has any of the passwords been changed ? sysman/dbsnmp/sys

- or did you perhaps change the listener port ? check
$ORACLE_HOME/sysman/config/emoms.properties if the values in there are
correct

Stefan

On 5/5/06, Li Li <litanli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, All,

I have a 10g R1 database, its dbconsole worked fine before I configured
the database service into a 2-node windows cluster with Oracle Fail Safe.
Now dbconsole seemed to not able to get the status of the database. Whenever
I go to the dbConsole URL, it always says: " The database status is
currently unavailable. It is possible that the database is in mount or
nomount state. Click 'Startup' to obtain the current status and open the
database. If the database cannot be opened, click 'Perform Recovery' to
perform an appropriate recovery operation."

I tried to remove the dbConsole using emca and rebuild it with either the
real host name or virtual host name of the cluster, but neither seemed to
work.

Any comments? suggestions?

TIA!
-Li