Re: 10g Platform

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:22:41 +0100

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:15:55 +0500, fahd mirza <fahd-m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Listers,
>     We are planning to install Oracle 10g in one of our companies. Would
> anybody please suggest what should be the optimal hardware for that and also
> some information about pricing of Oracle 10g or/and the optimal hardware.
> thanks.
> regards,

http://store.sun.com/CMTemplate/CEServlet?process=SunStore&cmdStartWebConfig_CP&familyCode=AMAZON25&baseSelected=2

will probably cover your requirements for a while. :)

Alternatively you could consider thinking about number of users,
likely workload, response time requirements, storage requirements and
other things that make server sizing less of an arbitrary exercise.

For a good example of the principle of this sort of exercise,
deliberately for a different product so you can see the sorts of
things you should look at and consider, take a read of
http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/05/13/131464.aspx

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA