RE: 10g - ASM

  • From: "Koivu, Lisa" <Lisa.Koivu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:27:57 -0400

Hi Mladen, thanks for your response. =20

Here's what I've got.  The ASM instance still does not like it.  I am
beginning to think it has something to do with ASM.

Sqlnet.ora - This entry required for os authentication

# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File:
d:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=3D (NTS)

# listener.ora Network Configuration File:
d:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =3D
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =3D
    (DESCRIPTION =3D
      (ADDRESS_LIST =3D
        (ADDRESS =3D (PROTOCOL =3D TCP)(HOST =3D floex0cwdev01)(PORT =3D =
1521))
      )
      (ADDRESS_LIST =3D
        (ADDRESS =3D (PROTOCOL =3D IPC)(KEY =3D EXTPROC))
      )
    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =3D
  (SID_LIST =3D
    (SID_DESC =3D
      (SID_NAME =3D PLSExtProc)
      (ORACLE_HOME =3D d:\oracle\10g)
      (PROGRAM =3D extproc)
    )
    (SID_DESC =3D
      (GLOBAL_DBNAME =3D +ASM)
      (ORACLE_HOME =3D D:\oracle\10g)
      (SID_NAME =3D +ASM)
    )
  )

tnsnames:

+ASM =3D
  (DESCRIPTION =3D
    (ADDRESS_LIST =3D
      (ADDRESS =3D (PROTOCOL =3D TCP)(HOST =3D floex0cwdev01)(PORT =3D =
1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =3D
      (SERVICE_NAME =3D +ASM)
    )
 =20
And the ASM init file.  It started with an spfile, then spit up asking
for an init file.  This was created by the gui (that later crashed).  I
have no idea why asm_diskstring is what it is, but figure it's not a
problem because I can redefine it later.  It also doesn't work with +ASM
surrounded by single quotes.=20

*.asm_diskstring=3D'SP2-0640:','Not','connected'
*.background_dump_dest=3D'D:\oracle\admin\+ASM\bdump'
*.core_dump_dest=3D'D:\oracle\admin\+ASM\cdump'
*.instance_type=3D'asm'
*.large_pool_size=3D12M
*.local_listener=3D+ASM
*.lock_name_space=3D'ASM'
*.remote_login_passwordfile=3D'SHARED'
*.service_names=3D'+ASM'
*.instance_name=3D'+ASM'
*.user_dump_dest=3D'D:\oracle\admin\+ASM\udump'

When I try to start up:

C:\Documents and Settings\lkoivu2>sqlplus "Sys as sysdba"

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Tue May 11 09:49:46 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter password:
Connected to an idle instance.

SQL> startup
ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter LOCAL_LISTENER
ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name '+ASM'
SQL>

I also tried adding the following entries to sqlnet.ora and changing the
listener.ora, .  No luck.=20

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH=3D (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)=20
NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN =3D ffci.com

Mladen, I measure appreciation with alcohol..  it has two 0's.
Unfortunately, beer has no 0's.  If by some odd chance you are in the
area, I'd gladly buy you a beverage or lunch or something.