RE: 10G and UFS - long write times

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:09:57 +0100

Thank you all for the very constructive and helpful posts, in particular
this one and Tanel's post.
I have been really busy and had no chance to further investigate the
suggestions. However the change on one server of mounting the UFS
filesystem as forcedirectio caused the time to drop from ~6 mins to ~50
seconds.

This might have been an artificial example (well not might, it was)
however it was created to replicate an issue we were seeing. The full
sequence of tests are to be repeated tomorrow after all the filesystems
have been re-mounted and we can then see what else has been impacted

Thank you for the input and support

John